Know That I Am Here

            Photo by: Kate Opre 

Talk to me. I don’t care if its 1 a.m., 2 a.m., or 3 a.m., if you stressed, talk to me. If you are having bad thoughts, talk to me. If you need clarification, talk to me. If you are overthinking, talk to me. I want to talk to you. Whether you are sad, happy, curious, worried, confused, down, I want to talk to you, even if we have nothing to talk about it.

If it’s midnight and you are feeling restless, antsy and you need fresh air, let’s go for a drive. Let’s jam to our favorite songs and scream the lyrics at the top of our lungs all the way until we become exhausted. Till our eyes turn red. Let’s cruise down random streets with no destination. Let’s roll down the windows and become one with the night air.

Tell me. Tell me your exciting news. Tell me how your day went, the highs and the lows. Tell me what upsets you. Tell me your doubts. Tell me your desires. Tell me your fears. Tell me your stories. Tell me everything and anything, even if it’s nothing.

I want to listen. I want to listen to you rant about your horrible day and help you find the positive in it. I want to listen to you babble on about something that sets a spark in your eyes. I want to listen to you carry on about how much you love, love. I want to listen to you laughing about the silliest things you find hysterically funny. I want to listen, even if I’m hearing nothing.

Share with me. Share with me your mind, your passions, and your dreams. Share with me your goals, plans, and your perspective on the world. Share with me your wildest imaginations and darkest secrets.

Show me. Show me your happy place. Show me what you are good at. Show me what you are bad at. Show me your obsessions, your guilty pleasures, and your hidden talents.

Let me be your sanity. Let me be your go-to. Let me be your shoulder.

Know that I am here. All you have to do is talk to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram