Ask Yourself: What Makes You Happy?



Sometimes we are too busy and caught up with what is happening around us that we forget to make our happiness a priority. When you let that priority sink to the bottom, you sooner or later find yourself struggling to even crack a smile. This was me before I realized how easy it actually was to be and stay happy. When you realize that you don’t need all the unnecessary glamorous things, you will come to understand how simple it is to be happy. Finding your passion or whatever it may be that sparks your soul makes you feel like you have a purpose in life. And isn’t that what we all want? To know our purpose? Find the things that make you happy, surround yourself with them, and I promise that you will find yourself loving life a whole lot more.   

To help you out, I put together a list of things that genuinely make me happy:

Music
Majority of us use music as a source for inspiration, comfort, or relaxation. Music is just one of those things that will instantly put me in a good mood. Whether it be jamming to my favorite playlist in traffic or blasting music through my speakers while cleaning my room, music makes the terrible things not so terrible.

Concerts and Festivals
While jamming to music in the car may be fun, nothing is better than hearing your favorite song live. Nothing compares to the free spirited crowd, energy, and vibes of a concert. I always make sure that I attend concerts and festivals throughout the year to remind myself of the feeling of pure happiness and joy by living in the moment. I am in my absolute element when I am in that environment. Seeing my greatest inspirations do what they love right in front of my eyes only motivates me to pursue what I love. 

Creating
Finding something to put your time and energy in is really important when it comes to discovering your purpose. Everything just feels right when I’m creating. It is my passion. I always get lost in my work and feel like the world is on my side when I am doing what I love.

Family and Friends
The company you keep plays a huge factor in your happiness. Surround yourself with people you genuinely care and support you. Knowing that I have my amazing family and friends behind me makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S the show
Who doesn’t have a favorite show that they binge watch at 2 a.m. in the morning? This show never fails to crack me up. Sometimes you just need your favorite cast of your favorite TV show to pick you up.

YouTube
I am completely guilty of spending hours and hours watching YouTube. I love watching videos from people all around the world to gain inspiration. If you ever hear me laughing my ass off from across the room, I am most likely watching a video on YouTube.

Coffee
As simple as it is, coffee never fails to put me in a cherry mood. Knowing that I have my Hazel Nut Iced Coffee to look forward to in the mornings makes my day 10x better. It is the perfect start to my day.

Puppies
Can we all agree that puppies are just the cutest things? They are fury bundles of joy! They make my heart warm! 

Bottom line, find the things that make you the happiest and make it a priority to surround yourself with it. When the things or people you love are constantly surrounding you, they make life a little less hard. The atmosphere you allow yourself to be around affects your mood and mindset. Knowing that I have a concert to look forward to, or my hazel nut ice coffee in the mornings, or F.r.i.e.n.d.s to watch when I need to laugh, makes my life a whole lot easier. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that can put a smile on your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram